i promise to try. is that good enough?
thank you, anon. i wish you weren’t an anon. i bet you’re beautiful.
thank you so much. demi lovato would be so proud of you. thank you for this.
thank you. thank you so much. this simple messages like this already means a lot to me. so thank you.
don’t mind if i do
i wish you didn’t go as an anonymous. but thank you for this. means a lot.
Answer with either ‘true’ or ‘false.’
1. I was often told as a child that I had to be strong. False
2. I do not remember much affection being displayed in my family. False
3. Anger was the feeling most often displayed in my family. False
4. I rarely felt I could express my feelings to my family. True
5. As a child I remember my mother and/or father as overly intrusive.True.
6. As a child I remember being sexually abused. False.
7. As a child I remember being physically abused. True.
8. As a child I remember being emotionally abused True.
9. As a child my mother and/or father was emotionally absent. True.
10. I remember times when I was punished for strong feelings. True.
11. When I was upset or frightened, I was ignored. True.
12. I grew up in a very religious household. True
13. I had a parent who was unable to raise me due to a physical illness/trauma. False.
14. I grew up with a lot of double messages. True.
15. I often think of myself as a “bad” person. True.
16. I often believe that I’m at fault for everything that goes wrong. True.
17. I often think that everyone would be happier if I were dead. True.
18. I hate change. True.
19. I seem to have an all-or-nothing attitude. False
20. I usually can’t find words that explain how I feel. True.
21. I am a perfectionist. True.
22. I think I am a burden to others. True.
23. I do not want to die; I just want to stop my emotional pain. True.
24. My friends and family have become concerned about my cutting. Friends, true. Family.. what family? jk, false
25. I have decided to continue cutting despite the fact that one or more
significant others have told me that they are repulsed by it. True.
26. I become anxious when anyone tries to stop me or prevent me from
27. I have problems with drugs or alcohol. False.
28. I have sometimes neglected to seek medical attention for an illness
or injury when part of me knows that I should have. True.
29 I have an eating disorder, or have had one sometime in the past.False.
30. I have – or have had- a tendency to be promiscuous. False.
31. I have overdosed on drugs. False
32. I often obsess about self-injury. True.
33. I sometimes can’t explain where my injuries come from. True.
34. I get anxious when my wounds start to heal. True.
35. I often believe that if I don’t self-injure, I’ll go “crazy.” True.
36. No one can hurt me more than I can hurt myself. True.
37. I can’t imagine life without self-injury. False
38. If I stop self-injuring, my parents win. False
39. I often self-injure as a way to punish myself. True.
40. Self-injury is my best friend. False.
41. I have self-injured: for 5 years
42. When did you last harm yourself? Yesterday
43. I consider my tendency to self-harm an addiction. True.
44. Many times I harm myself more out of habit than for any specific
reason. Half true